1. i am grateful for the love of my children + husband + family.
2. i am in love with that amazing paper gnome hat griffin drew for me on a piece of cardboard.
3. i am glad i have yoga in my life.
4. i am grateful that i live in a neighborhood filled with trees. i am grateful for trees and i am grateful that i am grateful for trees and that i stop and watch and notice.
5. i am happy to be finding time to re-discover watercolor paint and to be taking it outside and especially to watch the kids lost in their own watercolor world, while the breeze licks their hair and moves the trees about in a sort of wonderful dance.
6. i am glad the state park hasn't closed down. yet.
7. i am grateful for mexican food.
8. i am grateful my kids tell jokes at the dinner table, and especially that they're usually the same jokes every night, told as if for the first time.
9. i am grateful for things that make your cheeks rosy and your eyes all lit up and sparkly.
10. i am happy i know how to sew and knit and pray and sit quietly. i am happy my kids are learning how to do so.
11. i am grateful for music.
12. i am grateful for the story of kuma kuma, the little creature who lives in the woods very far away who makes clouds in his coffee with cream and sits quietly every night watching for the exact moment the sky becomes completely dark.
13. i am so glad to be letting go and getting rid of needless things and realizing that i don't need them and that it's just "stuff" and that there are much more important things in life.
15. i am grateful that i always have room in my life for new friends + i am grateful for the friends i have had for years who know me and love me just as i am + i love them.
16. i am beyond grateful that my mother has a nose for smoke and smelled an electrical fire that was burning in the walls of her bedroom before it got out of hand and called the fire department who couldn't find the fire for hours but finally did and had to break through the walls to find it, but they found it and put it out and everyone is okay. thank god (i literally just found this out).
17. i am grateful for firefighters!
18. i am grateful that my children still believe in fairies.
19. i love long, long walks, even when it's raining. especially when it's raining. as long as i don't get too cold and there's a chance of a warm fire somewhere at the end or a snuggle under a cozy quilt.
20. i am grateful for quilts.
21. i am happy there are sometimes movies that are particularly inspiring (like "the king's speech") and happy when i get the opportunity to see them.
22. i am grateful for my love of books and that i never get tired of books and that my kids love books + libraries + small, unique bookstores and that we all love reading together, especially at night or on rainy days, all snuggled into a pile. i love that.
23. i love that we have so many talented storytellers in the world. thank you, storytellers.
24. i am grateful that on saturdays we celebrate + play games and that it connects us in a different way than other things do.
25. i am grateful for the smell of freshly baked bread.
26. i look forward to the long road trips we take up north to visit the places my husband grew up and stand beneath the same redwood trees we visit every year and gaze with awe.
27. i am grateful for hot chocolate + microbreweries + double cream cheese. and the brownies my sister made for me on friday.
28. i am grateful for spring camping and watching the kids hunt for frogs at night in the little creek with their headlamps on while we play boggle by the light of the fire and several candles.
29. i am grateful for petticoats + lace slips
30. + crowns.
31. i am glad i know how to see things differently, when i need to.
32. i am happy for all the things in my life that are helping me to stay present a lot more than i used to.
33. i am grateful for foot-rubs + grateful that my kids love foot-rubs and that they'll lie still for a few minutes and let me put lavender oil on them sometimes before they go to bed.
34. i am glad there are cameras in the world, all kinds of cameras, + grateful for photos of all shapes and forms + grateful for the people who take pictures and share them + grateful that i get to as well.
35. i am grateful for refrigeration + dishwashers + washing machines, when i have access to them.
36. i am glad that i have been waking up earlier and watching the moon slowly sink and the sun blink its eyes open, lighting up the sky.
37. i am grateful for that tall, lazy palm tree that i can see from my bathroom window.
38. i am so grateful we found waldorf education + so glad for all the friends i have made there + for all we have learned through waldorf education, as a family + grateful that it exists in the world to help other people learn and grow.
39. i am grateful there is so much creativity in the world.
i am grateful that i am grateful.
happy sunday! :::